Re: Problems with apt-get update

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 02:32:49PM -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> W: GPG error: http://http.us.debian.org stable Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org stable/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org testing/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: GPG error: http://non-us.debian.org unstable/non-US Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY B629A24C38C6029A
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> What's going on here? I can't do anything (at least not without
> commenting out those sources) with apt-get because of this problem.

You're using apt from experimental, aren't you? Perhaps you should look
over the recent discussion of apt 0.6 on debian-devel; following -devel
or any other appropriate mailing list is usually a good idea if you
choose to use packages from experimental.

That's the old Debian archive signing key, revoked following the recent
compromise. However, stable and non-US have not yet had their
Release.gpg files reissued with the new key.

Cheers,