Re: Warning -- mounting ext3 as ext2

On Thursday 01 January 2004 21:15, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> You need to be using a kernel that either has ext3 compiled in
> or has ext3 module available on its initrd.
>
> I'm not aware of a debian kernel 2.4.22-xfs, so I assume that you compiled
> your own.  Did you ensure that it has ext3 support enabled?

mtab says that the disk is mounted ext3.

This 2.4.22-xfs is on a knoppix distribution. If it has xfs, then ext3 should
be there as well but how would I find out for sure. BTW, as I said, I had a
hard reboot incident and the initial fsck due to this was 100% clean.

The "warning" occurs on the initial read-only mount to test so maybe the
problem is there. If in any event, I do need the ext3 reference in initrd (/
etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf contains nothing but some explanatory
comments),how do I get it there.