Re: Could you give an example iptables script? (Help... I want to learn this stuff)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 01:57:21PM -0700, mickey@dreamwolf.us wrote:
> Quoting Joris Huizer <jorishuizer@planet.nl>:
> > BTW, if something weird happens, how can I shut it down again? (you
> > never know...)

I just wanted to recommend /etc/init.d/iptables, and looked into the
script, but...  It contains outright security issues; don't use it.  The
iptables docs say it's not very useful, but that's a really soft
description.  Bugreport pending.

> iptables -F
> iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -t nat -F
>
> ought to do it.  This won't clear out user-defined changes, but without any

It will. -F will flush everything but the policy, the -P will set the
policy.  The result will be the same as the bootup default.

Jan.

--
Jan Minar                      "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 4