Re: help needed- linux

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 05:21:08PM +0000, padmini badrinath wrote:
> respected sir/madam
> My name is padmini

Hi, padmini!

No need to be so formal here--is it customary in India I wonder?  Also
note this is a list, so there are many of us.  And we know your
name--the header of your email contains it.

> and i am trying to read or access the mdb files from
> linux.

Hmm, mdb is what?

> This, am  trying with the linux odbc driver

Some database stuff?  So perhaps some Access output format?

> I wanted to kno if the odbc manager is required for
> this purpose or is there a better way to do this

Then OpenOffice.org would be a way, I guess.  Learn to use google.com,
anyway--that is probably the answer to your question.

Happy new whatever!
Jan.

P.S.:  Why do you ask precisely on this list?

--
Jan Minar                      "Please don't CC me, I'm subscribed." x 4