Re: [OT] Slashdot and media accuracy (was Re: Improved Debian Project Emergency Communications)

scripsit Monique Y. Herman:

> If we had a system in which we could vote more than once, for example
> by specifying a first, second, and third choice, maybe we would see
> some shake-up.

Maybe we should let Debian run U.S. elections then? ;)
[attempt to make this a bit less OT...]

Seriously, a good first step would be proportional representation.
Check out how the devolved Scottish Parliament does things.  Under such
a system (I did the math a while ago) we'd have a small but nonzero
number of (at least) Greens and Libertarians in the House, even with
current voting percentages.  Once people like Monique realized that a
vote for the Greens (or whomever) wasn't completely wasted, those
numbers would surely rise.

I believe the German federal parliament has a similar system; perhaps
our EU brethren can comment...

--
Pax vobiscum; pax cum omnibus.

Thanasis Kinias