Re: APT::Default-Release doesn't seem to affect upgrades

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:10:27PM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:57:23 -0700 Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 11:39:09PM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > > We have a winner.  Every single package that I checked that
> > > apt-get -s said was from unstable had the same version in testing
> > > and unstable.
> >
> > Which entry is first in your sources.list (unstable or testing)?
>
> apt-get will use the unstable source even if it comes last, e.g. when
> downloading from the testing source fails, for some reason. I saw it
> happen before my eyes once. Humbling experience...

Right, "when downloading from the testing source fails".  However, it
will use the first matching source with the desired version top to
bottom.  So, even if testing would have worked fine, if unstable is
listed first it will always pull from unstable for packages who have the
same version in both testing and unstable.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings