Re: passwordless ssh-login

* Joerg Johannes (liste_joerg@gmx.de) [031204 07:36]:
> Am Mi, den 03.12.2003 schrieb Vineet Kumar um 21:32:
> Hmmm. I don't have ~/.Xsession, and in /etc/X11/Xsession.option the
> "use-ssh-agent" line is present. Still, it is not used.

> I poked around a bit and changed my /etc/gdm/Sessions/Icewm. It now
> contains
> exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/icewm
> and now it works. But I still don't know why the global Xinitrc is not
> used.

Okay, I think I understand what's happening now.  In gdm, you're
selecting the 'Icewm' session, instead of the 'Debian' session.  I bet
it would work if you used the Debian session.  If the Debian session
starts something other than Icewm, and you want it to be icewm instead,
do 'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager'.  Actually, this will
still not work right if you have gnome-session (or any other
x-session-manager) installed, since the Debian session gives precedence
to x-session-manager over x-window-manager.  In that case (and if you
don't want to simply uninstall gnome-session, etc.) your solution of
modifying the Icewm session to include ssh-agent is probably the best.

I'm glad you figured it out and got it working.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/