Re: passwordless ssh-login

Joerg Johannes wrote:
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/~arun/misc/ssh.html
> but the one machine I tried so far asked me for my password even after
> generating keys and copying to the machine over there. Can someboy help
> me setting this up?

Check the permissions of files.  If they are group writable
(depending upon the ssh compilation) then it will ignore the
authorized_keys file.  It and all directories above it must appear to
be secure to sshd.

  chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

I am guessing that one of those is writable and so sshd is ignoring
it.

Bob