Re: dpkg database corrupted, with a twist (correctly formatted)

Hello Aaron!

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:07:40AM -0800, Aaron Maxwell wrote:
[...]
I've included a typescript that succinctly demonstrates what's
happening.  In the script, I have aptitude purge'd and then aptitude
install'ed the cvs package.  Notice that there are errors and warnings
from /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/[*/]*.pm, particularly
/usr/share/perl5/Debconf/DbDriver/Cache.pm .

See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200203/msg04937.html
about these, maybe it will help.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to proceed, or comments on whether
my understanding so far is correct. Is there some way that I can
regenerate /var/lib/dpkg/status, or repair it?  Would that solve the
problem?

See
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-recover-status
about this, maybe it will help.