Re: trouble while compiling xv

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 10:46:28PM -0500, H. S. wrote:
> and I am trying to compile xv(xv-3.10a) and get this error:
>
> #-------------------------------------

I don't think I've seen that one, and I've been building xv locally for
some time now. ^_^

I assume you're trying to build it from the sources on Bradley's web site.
That works, sort-of, but you can get Debian sources from here:

# unofficial xv source
deb-src http://debian.uni-essen.de/misc/local/ theo-phys local

$ apt-get source xv

... and you'll have the last Debian package.  It's kinda crufty, and
doesn't have all the patches available from the xv web site (and some of
what it DOES have don't apply), but it builds against unstable (using
either libpng10 or libpng12).

Try that.

--
 Marc Wilson |     [Doctors and Bartenders], We both get the same two
 msw@cox.net |     kinds of customers -- the living and the dying.  --