Re: POP3 mail fetcher that supports unreliable connections?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:28:21AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:06, Pigeon wrote:

> > > Have you tried fetchmail?  The messages in /var/log/mail.log seem
> > > to indicate that it deletes each mail after a successful fetch.
> >
> > By default it doesn't delete them until you hang up; a connection
> > failing may not be the equivalent of a proper hangup. You could try
> > fetchmail -e 1 so it only fetches 1 email at a time then QUITs then
> > goes back for the next one... but this is slow and nasty, see the man
> > page.
>
> But it sure is secure.
>
> Btw, is your ppp connection that bad that it can't stay up for 5
> minutes?

My ISP's POP3 server has not been very well recently and I've had it
die on me before fetchmail has finished a few times... for the same
reason -e 1 would be out of the question, so I just delete the
duplicates by hand in mutt.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons