Re: Microsoft good press over Longhorn

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 at 01:25 GMT, Paul Johnson penned:

> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:19:09AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
>> Not sure what you mean about treating employees/customers to a
>> universal environment.  They do expect a universal environment --
>> windows 2000.
>
> That would be a pretty good example of a proprietary environment.  I
> mean a universal environment.  In regard to the web, this means strict
> W3C compliance, so anybody using any browser can use the website
> without issues.

Well, as the intranet is only accessible from inside the company
network, and no one outside the company has access to it (hell, even
most of our in-house contractors don't!), I don't really think they care
very much about anything other than windows/IE compatibility.

Let me make something clear.  I agree with you about what "should" be
done.  But I'm a relatively new employee still figuring out the
corporate climate, and I'm too busy learning the new domain to spend a
lot of time making unwanted suggestions about already-purchased,
installed, and configured software, no matter how heinous.

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.