Re: How can I stop the console from blanking

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 06:16:59AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> I put this following into ~/.bash_profile:
>
> 	# to get rid of blanking of console:
> 	setterm -blank 0
>
> but I was never able to find out were in /etc to put it for a global
> effect rather than just in account configurations.

# cat > /etc/init.d/noblank
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/setterm -blank 0
echo 'Console blanking disabled'
^D
# chmod a+x /etc/init.d/noblank
# ln -s /etc/init.d/noblank /etc/rc2.d/S99noblank

(These blanking things would be rather more useful if they could be
configured to blank after a certain time with no input *and no output*.)

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons