Re: syntax highlighting in vim

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 04:38:17PM -0500, Nathan Poznick wrote:
> I've seen syntax highlighting get messed up and just sort of "turn off",
> with the same characteristics, but only with much older vim versions
<snip>
> is on a Redhat 6.2 machine).  It could possibly be a bug in the PHP
> syntax highlighting...
>
> Next time it happens, try:
> :syntax off
> :syntax on

Tried that. It turns the syntax off (as opposed to only angle brackets
highlighted in red with white text and the odd variable in cyan). But it
doesn't turn the syntax back on. It just returns it to the partial
highlighting that was there before. I can put screen shots up somewhere if
you're curious.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin