Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?

Wayne Gemmell <wayneg@ananzi.co.za> writes:

[...]

>Thats almost all my memory gone. I'm thinking of downloading koffice
>just to do day to day things because if I tr load any other programs
>the system becomes unbearable!

Just a warning: don't mind trying to export a kspread sheet to some
other format, it's severely b0rken. I've just got a segfault when trying
to save in {Gnumeric,uncompressed xml,...} format in sid's version, and
a no-can-do error message in Mandrake 9.1's one.

Better go with Gnumeric if you're not planning to do some severe bug
reporting/fixing (although it's my duty to encourage you to do so ;-)

>Just my thoughts --> lemme know if I'm way off base.

I've just tried... :o)

--
Cristian Gutierrez                                 Linux user #298162
crgutier[@]dcc.uchile.cl           http://www.dcc.uchile.cl/~crgutier

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but not
in practice."  -- Anonymous