Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:46:28AM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> > > Anyone with a C-R program would just put the bug-tracking addresses on
> > > their pass list.
> > >

> > > That's how C-R programs work. The bug-track folks wouldn't even know
> > > it was operating.
> >
> > Speaking as one of the bug tracking system maintainers in question, I
> > can tell you that this is not universal practice.
>
> It is the "user" of the C-R program that enters the bug-tracking addresses
> (in this case) in their passlist. The C-R program is transparent to the
> bug-track folks, in this case.

Er... exactly what relevant information is conveyed here? Colin just
mentions that _some_ people are not entering the addresses in their
passlist.

If you decide to respond please read the post first, before venting your
frustration.

> Please do not expect another response from me on this subject. You either
> do not understand C-R programs at all, or are simply prejudiced against
> them and are cleverly spreading dis-information.

Let me think this out... there must be some logic behind all this... Ah,
yes! It's in your signature! Personally, I think that _you're_ the one
who is prejudiced. In this case not against, but in favour of C-R
programs. I think Colin understands very well. But I guess it's no use
telling you that, you must know, as well. And by the way, falsely
accusing someone of 'cleverly spreading dis-information' in an open
community like this should be grounds to remove you from the list. Oh,
wait, we are an _open_ community. All opinions welcome!

Please, do not respond on this subject. Moreover, if all your posts are
going to be like this, do not respond on anything at all. And please be
so kind to not start threads, either.

>       For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
>          See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.

Maybe you're going to hate me, but if I _do_ decide to start using C-R
based spam filtering (I'm thinking about it for some time now) I will
look into tmda first. And even if that doesn't work for me, I'll
probably not look into the Mailbox-Sentry-Program. Why? Well, I trust
people better if they tell me the pros and cons of their product without
prejudice. Saying things like 'SpamAssassin is outdated the moment it is
released and it will _never_ work, har, har!' just doesn't help you to
make your point. Sorry. Hasn't anyone told you that in normal
person-to-person conversations?

I've been _very_ busy the past week, basically working from 9.00 am to
10.00 pm and last night until 2.00 am. I've had only four hours of sleep
last night and had to give a talk this morning which I 'finished' only
15 minutes before it started, incorporating results from this morning.
Finally, I decided to catch up on debian-user and then I get this.
Great. Why am I using bandwidth telling you this? So you can decide if
it's just my lack of sleep that's making me vent _my_ frustration.

Regards,

David

PS: no GPG, no signature. But I _really_ don't mind if others use them.
    Especially the signatures are nice, from time to time, ;-)