Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

> From cjwatson@debian.org Fri Aug  1 10:39:44 2003
>

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:04:28AM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> > Colin Watson wrote:
> > >
> > > Yup. For example, I can guarantee you that the people operating the
> > > Debian bug tracking system don't always bother to respond to
> > > "challenges". If people don't want BTS mail, that's their problem;
> > > we don't have time to babysit that sort of thing.
> >
> > Anyone with a C-R program would just put the bug-tracking addresses on
> > their pass list.
> >

> > That's how C-R programs work. The bug-track folks wouldn't even know
> > it was operating.
>
> Speaking as one of the bug tracking system maintainers in question, I
> can tell you that this is not universal practice.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

It is the "user" of the C-R program that enters the bug-tracking addresses
(in this case) in their passlist. The C-R program is transparent to the
bug-track folks, in this case.

Please do not expect another response from me on this subject. You either
do not understand C-R programs at all, or are simply prejudiced against
them and are cleverly spreading dis-information.

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.