Re: Look at these update from M$ Corporation.

> From cjwatson@debian.org Fri Aug  1 11:15:16 2003
>

> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:38:10AM -0700, Alan Connor wrote:
> > I should have added that  debian.org is on my pass list. The domain name.
> >
> > Anyone mailing me from any address there wouldn't even know I was running
> > a C-R system.
>
> A fair proportion of my spam comes from debian.org addresses; spammers
> are becoming more adept at forging sender addresses, frequently by
> pulling addresses from e.g. web pages and using one address as the
> source and the others as the target, so the recipients are likely to
> know the alleged sender.
>
> I predict that challenge-response systems will become increasingly less
> useful as time goes on due to this trend.

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance of, or prejudice against C-R systems

Please QUIT mis-informing people.

Mail from debian.org to me must COME from debian.org...

Don't tell me you have never heard of Received: headers? (etc.)

> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.