Re: installing saxon

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:08, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 12:32:14AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > I think this is $PATH issue. try first doing a 'whereis saxon'. Then try
> > doing runing the command with the 'absolute' path. The fix would be to
> > edit your PATH. I think '.bashrc'?
>
> emmajane@debian:~$ whereis saxon
> saxon: /etc/saxon
>
> this is a directory! If I do:
> 	which saxon
> Then I get nothing back. The directory itself contains another directory
> "6.02" which is empty.
>
> emma
>
> --
> Emma Jane Hogbin
> [[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]

Hi EJH,
Maybe its not accessed on the command line? (through an api)
Did you do
dpkg --listfiles <pkgname> 2> '/dev/null' | sort -u | xargs ls -ld
where <pkgname> is the package and take a look at the installed files.
See which is the README or bin files and such.

 I recall I used sablotron - an XSL processor fully implemented in C++ -
on the command line awhile ago, maybe that would help.
-Kev