Re: Florida! (was Re: Knoppix ISO image is 715MB - How Do I burn it ?)

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 20:49, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 09:40:00AM -0700, Deryk Barker wrote:
> > > the Phillipines, Panama, Haiti, Japan, West Germany...
> >
> > I think others had hands in setting up Japan and (W) Germany at the
> > end of WWII.
>
> And by anybody's account, The Phillipines, Panama and Haiti are
> bananna republics.

The Philipines and Panama have been making good progress since
their US sponsored dictators were overthrown by or with the encourage-
ment of the US.  The souther rebels are making it hard in the
Phlipines, though.

Haiti is a basket case and is probably hopeless.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |