apt-get, KDE, and gnomemeeting

Hi,

I'm trying to run gnomemeeting(version greater than
0.12) and Debian KDE at the same time, but when I try
to upgrade gnomemeeting (I only find upgrades from
USA/unstable), I get (from apt-get install) a message
saying that in order to do this, it has to get rid of
KDE.  (I'm running the 2.4.18 Linux kernel with
Debian, and my /etc/apt/sources.list started with only
stable but now I have done a 'dist-upgrade' to
testing).

I am using the 'apt-get' instructions from
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html
(section 3.8) for a mixed system... so now my
/etc/apt/sources.list has a source for unstable debian
packages. (I need the unstable for gnomemeeting.)  I
had thought that using 'apt-get -t unstable install
gnomemeeting' should pull all necessary packages that
would need to be upgraded (including KDE)...however
instead KDE would be removed, when I try this command.
 If someone could please clarify the problem for me, I
would appreciate it.  (I am not using apt pinning,
instead I am attempting to maintain a mixed system.)

According to the debian bug-fix maintainer for
gnomemeeting, I definitely should be able to use
gnomemeeting 0.96 with KDE 3.1.... I don't want to
bother him anymore with my questions, especially since
he directed that I should ask any further questions of
this email list (and previously, the gnomemeeting
mailing list, actually the gnomemeeting author
himself, had directed me to take my question to Jose
Carlos).

Thank you for any clarification,
Lori