Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?

Jamin W. Collins said:
> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:54:02PM -0800, nate wrote:

> TMK, it has it.  At least I haven't found anything I needed that it
> doesn't have.

ok

>> be able to view multiple folders at once(to see which has new mail),
>
> You can configure multiple mailboxes in mutt and it will let you know
> which ones have new mail.  You can even cycle through the boxes with new
> mail.

thats better then the last time I tried to configure it. I may try it
again ..

> Why not filter at the server level?

server doesn't support it, well I do sort at the server level for my
home stuff, each email address is a different IMAP folder and mail
goes directly to it, since I don't have a job right now thats all I
need for the moment :)

> Mutt has hooks that can be configured to automatically change your address
> as needed.

>> support IMAP over SSL(not needed with webmail but it's what I used in
>> netscape and mozilla). I suppose I could work around this with stunnel
>> ..haven't tried though.
>
> Mutt's got it.
>
>> there's probably a couple other things I can't think of at the moment,
>> the general interface to mutt wasn't very flexible when dealing with
>> multiple IMAP folders last time I tried it,
>
> I routinely check several different boxes with Mutt.

so mutt sounds like it may be worth a check again, now just to get around
to checking it out again :)

thanks!

nate