Re: Desktop environment---what am I missing?

Hugh Saunders said:

> what do you want to do that mutt cant?

full IMAP support -

be able to view multiple folders at once(to see which has new mail),
e.g. I monitor 16 different email accounts from 1 account at the moment.
I have about 45 other email accounts that I can monitor in addition
by subscribing to the folders(the folders recieve email whether I am
subscribed or not).

mail filtering via IMAP(detect new mail in inbox, move it to another
folder, all my email is stored on the IMAP server, which is on
a server I own & operate so I don't have to be concerned about quotas
or disk space issues). I used this feature for my work email, for
home I rarely use it at all.

provide easy way to change my from: email address(I suppose I
could type it in..) I have about 15 email addresses that I use
on a regular basis, and another 15 that are less regular, in
squirrelmail theres a little dropdown box at the top where I can
choose the email address I want to use.

support IMAP over SSL(not needed with webmail but it's what I used
in netscape and mozilla). I suppose I could work around this with
stunnel ..haven't tried though.

there's probably a couple other things I can't think of at the moment,
the general interface to mutt wasn't very flexible when dealing with
multiple IMAP folders last time I tried it, if I remember right
the only way I could change folders was to change my .muttrc I think
and reload mutt(I'm sure theres a better way but I didn't know at
the time). I tried pine too, I used pine for several years as my
primary email client, but it too is difficult to use with the IMAP
setup I have going(last time I tried at least).

only thing lacking in squirrelmail that I can think of is threading
support, which is of course handy for mailing lists, but it's not
a real priority for me.

nate