Re: Does a Maxtor 5000 LE USB Drive Work under Linux?

--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 12:26:50PM -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I presently have 2 unknowns I am trying to resolve.  I have
> installed USB support and the USB mass-storage driver on a Debian system
> using the 2.4.19 kernel.  The USB stuff installs with no complaint at all.

[snip]

> 	My hunch is that the USB is okay but it won't talk to this
> drive.  I just want to be sure I have tried everything before I
> take it back.  I could sure use the storage.

I have a Buslink 40GB USB external hard drive that works great with
Linux - no complaints at all! However, I had to compile its driver to
make it work. Perhaps you need a driver too with your Maxtor USB.

I run Debian unstable with kernel 2.4.19.

-Andy

--- End Message ---