Re: X refuses to load nVidia module

On 31. December 2003 at 4:50AM -0400,
Stephen Cormier <s.cormier@inbox.lv> wrote:

> On December 29, 2003 10:59 pm, Bradley Alexander wrote:

> >When I tried to load the module under 2.6.0, I got the message
> >FATAL: Error inserting nvidia
> >(/lib/modules/2.6.0/nvidia/nvidia.ko): Invalid module format
> >

> Starting with about test7 and onwards I had to us modprobe -f
> nvidia to get the module to load and then after that X would
> start.

Using make-kpkg, the nvidia-graphics-drivers package, linux 2.6
final and the linux 2.6 hacks, I remember needing to do
"dpkg-reconfigure nvidia-glx" and enabling something called TLS
support (threaded local storage?).  Of course I doubt if this
applies in this case.  I've not have any problems loading the
kernel part of the nvidia driver.