Re: X refuses to load nVidia module

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:18:40PM -0500, Bradley M Alexander wrote:
> I just built a sid box from bare metal last week, and am having problems
> getting the nVidia drivers to load. I tried this under 2.4.23 and 2.6.0,
> and in both cases, the module refuses to load. At this point, I'm not sure
> if it is a module loader problem or within X. X itself is reporting:

Almost every box I own uses the nvidia driver.  How did you build the
driver?  Are you using the Debian packages?  If so, which version of the
packages (both nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx)?

> This happens whether I load the module by hand or not. The nvidia devices
> (nvidia[0123] and nvidiactl) exist in /dev.

When you load the module manually, does it show in the output of lsmod?

--
Jamin W. Collins

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. --Aldous Huxley,
"Proper Studies", 1927