Re: OT: SCSI better than IDE?

On Wednesday December 31 at 01:54pm
"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> on Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 06:52:04PM -0500, Bijan Soleymani
> (bijan@psq.com) wrote:

> > > Until you add that second hard drive.
> >
> > Of course with a 200 or 250 Gig IDE hard disk, you're much less
> > likely to need to do that :)
>
> Spoken like someone who's failed to grasp the concept of multiple
> simultaneous IOs.
>
> Ever watch your system freeze for a quarter minute while swapping a
> large process in or out?

Nope :-D

Thats what 768mb of RAM on a system thats only used as a desktop will
get you. I run email, web, gcc compiles, and a bunch of other random
programs on this computer, but leave a separate computer (200mhz AMD
with 7 scsi drives) to do stuff like imap, http, https, webmail, ftp,
mysql, php etc.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Trevor Jones - Elk Hunt : Last Of The Mohicans