OT: SCSI better than IDE?

Paul Morgan <paulswm@earthlink.net> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:49:17 +0100, A.L.Meyers wrote:
>
>> Bingo, Monique.  And precisely that directory entry apparently was on
>> one of the bad blocks on that partition (IDE drive about 4 years old
>> - now I know why the old wizzards always prefer SCSI).  And my
>> backups
> <snip>
>
> A bit of trivia:  For any given manufacturer of both IDE and SCSI disks,
> the disks themselves are often (usually) mechanically identical, whether
> IDE or SCSI. It's just the controllers which are different.
> It's working as coded.

Interesting, Paul.  So are you saying that SCSI hard drives are simply
not worth the extra money or that the advantages of SCSI are in the
interface and not in the media?

Lux
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
Key fingerprint: 8994 CFDD 9C60 C978 A488 689F 5DCC EFC4 4D36 580D