Beancounter and PostgeSQL?

I have just installed beancounter, using PostgeSQL as a backend, and am having a problem. When I run 'setup_beancounter' it creates the empty database, but when it then tries to connect and populate the db with sample data I get an error saying:

         "No luck with database connection"

I get the same error if I try to run "beancounter status". The problem is when DBI.pm tries to connect to the database.

I can connect to the database just fine with psql. Once connected, I can query the tables (which are empty) to verify that the db was created correctly. Why can I connect through psql, but not through the application? A similar thing happened once, before, with Pronto. The app would not connect to the db, but psql would. I had to change a few lines of code so that it would not send password data to PostgreSQL (since I have no password set up for my db). Now the code is in the middle of DBI.pm and I really don't want to mess with it. Is there something that I may have set up incorrectly when I installed PostgreSQL? This has to be working for other people. What am I doing wrong?

Marc Shapiro

Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup