Re: Sound Problems With Debian 3.0r1 testing/unstable

On Monday December 29 at 10:01pm
"Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <pagan_prince@bigfire-hsv.org> wrote:

> > apt-cache search alsa-modules
> >
> > Pick the one that matches your kernel version. If none exists, you
> > must compile your own from alsa-source using make-kpkg. It's not
> > very hard, read the docs in /usr/share/doc/alsa-source
>
> I can't compile from source. Hardware is VERY flakey. *searches for
> mythical alas-modules*

If there doesn't exist a package for your kernel, my suggestion would be
to get a newer/different kernel as well. It seems there is a modules
package for every architecture for 2.4.22, so I would go for that.

--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: The Allman Brothers Band - Back Where It All Begins : An