Re: knode: fonts appear double-spaced.

For those following along at home, I may have left the wrong
impression.  I mentioned XftConfig for my font configuration, but
that's actually the earlier version of font configuration.
/etc/fonts/ and the fontconfig package are the successors.

I'm not sure which of these, if either, xterm uses, either alone or
with the -fa option.  Gnome2 and KDE3 both use fontconfig.

xterm depends on libfreetype6, which I think means it uses the
freetype2 (sic) engine, which uses fontconfig.  (The earlier version,
freetype1, had a .so version of 2, and so was packaged as
libfreetype2!).

I think this means that xterm -fa uses FreeType2 and the configuration
in /etc/fonts/.