Re: knode: fonts appear double-spaced.

on Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 07:13:01PM +0100, John L. Fjellstad (john-debian@fjellstad.org) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > Using knode, there seems to be a recent change in which all text (body,
> > headers, dialogs in compose windows, etc.) appears doublespaced.
> >
> > There's no outstanding bug for this that I'm aware of, nor is there a
> > control to set linespacing.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this, have a fix, or other suggestions?
>
> I don't see it and i'm using the latest from Testing (0.7.2).  Might it have
> to do with the fonts you are using?

I've tried changing fonts with no effect.

Screenshot:

    http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Images/knode-2space.png
    http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Images/knode-compose-2space.png

Fonts seem to have some influence.  I'm using:

    x "Use the configured fonts for all charsets"
    x "Use custom fonts"

    [courier new 11] Article Body
    [courier new 11] Article Body (Fixed)
    [courier new 11] Composer
    [helvetica 8] Group List
    [helvetica 8] Article List

Toggling "Use custom fonts" appears to fix the problem, but I find
defaults too small for comfortable reading.

Peace.

   A guide to GNU/Linux books:
     http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/linux-books.html