Re: Font settings in gvim

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:37:18 +0530
"Sridhar M.A." <mas@uomphysics.net> wrote:

> After today's upgrade in sarge, I have vim 6.2.x on my machine. The
> new gtk icons look good. But I am facing a problem in setting the
> guifont in ~/.vimrc.

> Has anyone noticed/experienced this problem? Should I file a bug
> report on this behaviour?

I noticed the change also, but it worked out fine for me. I have

set guifont=Courier\ 10\ Pitch\ 11

However, mine is in .gvimrc, not .vimrc. Shouldn't make a difference,
right? I wouldn't think so, but I tried moving .gvimrc to .vimrc and saw
some odd behavior. For me, the font was still correct. But, using
.vimrc, gvim ignores my "syntax off" line. Using .gvimrc, it honors it.
Strange.

So it does sound like there's a bug in config file handling to me. But
as workaround, see if using .gvimrc helps.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached
PGP Key ID 77B1C00C