Re: A good book on C Programming?

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 08:37:56PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> I need some good books. I used to have one called "A Book On C", but sold it,
> and I have been reading various tutorials on the web and the many devoted
> websites.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?

There's a book called "The GNU C Programming Tutorial". The thing was never
published, but it is available in several formats on my website at:
http://www.crasseux.com/books/

You can also look at the book that it was based on, which was called
"C Programming Tutorial" at:
http://www.iu.hio.no/~mark/CTutorial/CTutorial.html

These should be enough to learn most of the basics.

> One more question, should I go for C or C++? Which will benefit me more with
> GNU/Linux?

The kernel is written in C. Most software is written in C. There are some
exceptions. Qt software is written in C++. I think mozilla is also written
in C++.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>