Re: Realtek rtl8139 nic and 2.4.20 kernel

On Sunday 28 December 2003 12:30 pm, Charles Muller wrote:
>I have one more thought on the matter of trying to get my rtl8139 NIC
>going on the 2.4 kernel (which may have been painfully obvious to most
>of you...).

I'm using the 8139too module w/o problems under 2.4.23 and 2.6.0. I don't have
any specific advice to offer, but I'd consider testing with one of the live
distros (Knoppix,Mepis, etc) that boot up in 2.4.

Currently, either offer a superior debian installation experience over the
standard 3.0 CDs, imo, Mepis especially.

Good luck,

Jeff Elkins