Re: OO1.1 fails to start

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 11:21:09PM +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> No problems, no complains. Other icons, but unfortunately not
> any better than the original ones from OpenOffice.
>
> But running ? No problems encountered yet.

I posted hoping to hear otherwise.  (I used to be hair-trigger on bug
reports.  Now I try to confirm before I waste the developers' time.)

What happened was, the default appearance of the program changed at
some point:  if I open it (with either soffice or openoffice) with no
document loaded, I get a blank document and no toolbars.  However,
once it's open, if I load any document, the toolbars appear.
Furthermore, if I then do File, New, the new document does have the
toolbars.

What seems to happen is that if I open the program without arguments,
it doesn't fully create a blank document, but does give the
*appearance* of one.

I don't know that this is worth reporting as a bug.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading