Re: Help Needed Urgently on Printer Configuration

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 04:35, yuvrajspatil wrote:
> Respected Sir/Madam,
>
> On my debain server I am not able to configure
> printer which is installed on a remote windows
> machine.
>
> I am using a debain server - Ver 3.0 for my project.
> It is connected to the windows machine in network.
>
> I want to take my printouts on that remote windows
> machine's printer.
>
> I do know that I have to install cupsys, cupsys-bsd,
> cupsys-client, foomatic-bin, samba, smbclient, gs-esp
> & a2ps packages.
>
> But at the very begiging cupsys is giving a lot of
> dependencies error, as a result of which I cannot
> proceed.

Are you attempting to use apt-get, or dpkg to install? If you are using
dpkg, you should use apt-get, which will work out all the dependancies
for you. If you are using apt-get, my guess is that you need to update
/etc/apt/sources.list to use some of the debian repositories.

Read the fine manual!

Edward