Re: Realtek rtl8139 nic and 2.4.20 kernel

On 12/28/2003, "Uwe Dippel" <udippel@uniten.edu.my> wrote:

>With pleasure, from my side. I'm still curious, though, what the outcome
>of removing the modules with modconf, reboot, and re-insert of the
rtl8139
>module would be.

When I run modconf from the command line, I get a small graphic interface,
which gives me the option of installing any modules contained in a given
directory (referred to in my prior message), but no options such as
removing. Also, I don't know where I would get a new copy of the rtl8139
module (which I guess would be 8139too.o) to use for reinstallation.

Perhaps there is a newer version of modconf that includes these functions?
The man page for modconf doesn't tell me very much.

Chuck

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University
<acmuller@gol.com>