Re: WAS "A good book on C programming", now an APPOLOGY

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 15:43, Gavin Henry wrote:
--snip--
> What is Fedora then?
--snip--

Fedora is for people who don't know any better. Those who do know
better, of course, use Debian. :)

And not to imply that some frequenters of other GNU/Linux distro lists
are arrogant assholes of course (though they are :), anyone who flames
you for asking about "this is not a GNU/Linux list" should be shot. I
honestly don't believe that you'd ever get that sort of a response on
this list. In my 2 years on this list, I've seen some of the nicest,
kindest, and most helpful people anywhere. Unfortunately, in the world
of GNU/Linux, this seems to be the exception, and not the rule. (And I'm
sure RMS would be grinning ear-to-ear if he saw all these references to
GNU/Linux instead of just plain old Linux. :)

> Again, sorry to waste everyones time, but you have all helped me out.

No need to apologize to us. I don't want to speak for the whole list,
but I found the thread quite useful actually. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837