WAS "A good book on C programming", now an APPOLOGY

Dear Everyone,

I was had this pointed out to me, by Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org>
(with my reply):

"On Saturday 27 Dec 2003 8:49 pm, you wrote:
> 1) Please do not cross-post. (This means sending the same message to many
> lists.)

OK, guilty, but I wanted a varied response, as different people subscribe to
different lists.

> 2) Please stay on topic. This has nothing to do with Fedora.

Fedora is GNU/Linux, there are C programmers, like you that use Fedora, and it
is a general discussion list. What's the problem? I'm not asking for money
for for you to join some crazy scheme.

This kind of attitude annoys me about GNU/Linux, I am not wasting anyones
time, so I don't see what the problem is."

And his last reply:

"On December 27, 2003 16:11, you wrote:
> This kind of attitude annoys me about GNU/Linux, I am not wasting anyones
> time, so I don't see what the problem is.

Yes, you are wasting time (and bandwidth, as there are some people on very
slow connections) when you are not on topic. This list is not even about
GNU/Linux, it is about Fedora. General Linux questions do not belong here.
This is Fedora-related stuff only. There are tons of Linux and C mailing
lists.

This is a quick lesson (that everyone must learn, I did too) on netiquette.
You should Google a bit on that topic, particularly on stuff related to
mailing lists."

I am sorry if I have wasted everyones time and bandwidth, but I have spent the
last 3 days searching for up to date links and book reviews, some things you
never find, like the website: http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/
recommended by another user.

I admit, I have cross posted, as I not only use Fedora, but Debian, SUSE and
Gentoo. These are all different distro's with different user bases. I wanted
to get a good feel of what are good texts from all the C programmers out
their. I didn't get a response like above from anyone else. Even Alan Cox
replied to me.

What I don't understand is, and I quote, "This list is not even about
GNU/Linux, it is about Fedora."

What is Fedora then?

Again, sorry to waste everyones time, but you have all helped me out.

Gavin.
- --
Regards

http://www.magicfx.co.uk