Re: Why doesn't pon execute in xterm window

Robert Storey wrote:

Dear Paul,

Did you trying setting /usr/sbin/pppoe as suid root?

 chmod +s /usr/sbin/pppoe

regards,
Robert
Applied to pon, it solves the problems, but I still don't understand why, before that, the user could execute pon successfully in a console, but not in an xterm window. ? an imponderable?

Thanks
Paul

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:02:53 -0700