Re: [DEB-USER] Re: Versions by Debian release

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 07:45:42PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 12:03:28AM -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:
> > Now the question is: If I could do this, then why haven't we backported
> > X (version 4.3) to stable?
>
> If you had googled, you would have found apt-get.org, which has
> sources for backported XF86.

Thanks for the tip; I wouldn't have known what to google for. I've heard
of repositories of non-Debian-blessed packages, but I couldn't find any
links to them on the Debian site.

But again, the question remains unanswered. Why won't _Debian_ rev the
version number for packages in stable after packages have been tested?

Paul