Re: Root Partition Fills Up Completely After a Few Hours

Bruce Sass wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, Scarletdown wrote:

After looking at my home directory in Konqueror and switching to
Detailed List View and selecting Show Hidden Files, I found the source
of my frustration.

There is a hidden file called kde3-errors; which at this moment is
73.8GB in size.  I will now hit Reload...

It has increased to 75.3GB

So until I can take some time out to troubleshoot what these errors are,
I need to know how to stop this file from being created each time I log
back into KDE.

Which KDE3 are you using?  I've been using KDE3 since .debs were
available and have never seen a "$HOME/.kde3-errors" file.  I do have

This one came from the unstable Debian archives, because I did my Debian install using Knoppix. Anyway, I screwed up my original KDE configuration a while back while trying to clean up the hard drive (removing unwanted packages). One of the removes caused a whole bunch of stuff to be deleted;so I had to do an apt-get install kde to reinstall KDE (files were pulled in from the unstable archives). Fortunately, all my settings remained intact.