Re: mail out is blocked because of smtp server name

Incoming from Haines Brown:
> I have a dynamic IP address. When I tried to send a message to
> postfix-users@cloud9.net, it was rejected:
>
>   <postfix-users@postfix.org>:
>     host mail.cloud9.net[168.100.1.4] said:
>     554 Service unavailable;
>     Client host [64.252.171.18] blocked using rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org

You know how in Florida, if you're black/African-American, alone, and
are driving down a certain highway, you get pulled over by the cops
because they figure you're more than likely smuggling dope?

Well, that's the way these guys think too.  Forward your mail to
somebody on some other network and ask them to forward it on for you.
Encrypt if necessary (GnuPG is pretty easy to get going in Debian).

And yes, to these guys, a dynamic IP address == dialup.  fsck 'em.
Check the mailing list archives in the past couple weeks for more
details.

- -