Re: Athlon and Debian?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Forest Fisher" <Forest.Fisher@oberlin.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 13:21
Subject: Athlon and Debian?

> I just got a new laptop for x-mas that runs on an AMD Athlon XP-M
Processor.  I was hoping to run Debian on my new computer, but the official
webpage indicates that the latest release of Debian is not supported by the
Athlon architecture.  Nonetheless, other webpages (such as DebianPlanet.org)
talk about an "Athlon Builder."  I'm a newbie, and I don't really understand
what is meant by an Athlon Builder.  Does this mean that if I run the Athlon
Builder I can run Debian on my system or is there just no way to port Debian
to my computer?  If the latter is true, does anyone know another GNU/Linux
OS that will run on an Athlon processor?  Thanx a million,

> Forest

Its running on mine a amd +2100.
Hoyt