Re: upgrade from Corel Linux

Dear David,

For all the trouble you'd have to go through to upgrade Corel, I'd just
grab a Knoppix CD and install that to the hard drive - it has worked
very well for me. This assumes that you want to run Unstable
(recommended, unless you're running a mission-critical server).

When the boot prompt comes up, you can choose your language. Hitting the
F2 key will show you more options.

boot: knoppix lang=us 2

and hit ENTER. The 2 option is passed so that X will not load, and you
will have more memory for the installation. You'll now be at the Knoppix
prompt - type "knx-hdinstall" and hit enter. The rest you should be able
to figure out.

Some people like MEPIS, but I haven't tried that yet.

regards,
Robert