Howto? ATI Radeon on Sarge - MORE

Hmmm Lots of conflicting answers. From "it cant be done" to "get the experimental 4.3" to "juse use the driver from ATI that comes in RPM"

Below are snips of the emails recieved. Could you folks give me a step by step on how you got it working? I am on a kt600 chipset and kernel 2.4 and 2.6 and sarge.

thanks

"Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <pagan_prince@bigfire-hsv.org>
I just apt-get isntall xserver-common and xserver-xfree86 -t experimental. There is no way to do it with XFree4.2.x

Angus D Madden <ii@took.ekilat.com>
I have an ATI Radeon 9200 AGP.

I use woody with a 2.4.22 kernel and xfree86 4.2 from backports.org.  I
used the instructions from http://g-tec.co.at/ati_alt.html; they worked
like a charm.  All other resolution paths ended in failure.