Re: Howto? ATI Radeon on Sarge - MORE

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 04:54:35PM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
> Hmmm Lots of conflicting answers.  From "it cant be done" to "get the
> experimental 4.3" to "juse use the driver from ATI that comes in RPM"

The answers don't conflict, they just give alternatives.  If you don't
want to use the closed-source ATI driver, then you need XF 4.3, which
you can pull in from experimental.  If you don't mind using that driver,
I believe it works with XF 4.2, which is in unstable.

As for providing you with a guide, I'm not being difficult, but radeon
on Debian has been discussed ad infinitum, so may I suggest you search
the archives, then come back when you get stuck.

Please don't CC me.  Also _please_ read the following before posting:
Documentation - http://www.debian.org/doc/
FAQ - http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/
Install manual (i386) - http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install