Re: router + laptop: naive question

Thanks for your email.

Uwe Dippel wrote:
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:16:15 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

Unfortunately, my router is quite a black box and its documentation
is very poor:
can we do that througth the dhclient ?

Though your intention is clear and well described (and well understood, I
think), your question remains naive, as you wrote. Because it can be done,
but requires a sound understanding of networking and especially a deep
cooperation of your router. As long as the latter remains a black box, I
don't bet on your chances.

good to know.

Have you thought of getting a good one (or a Linux extra box as router) ?

As a matter of fact I would like to be sure that I cannot do anything
with my (one year) black box: so now is clear in my mind,
I have to envisage to buy a good one.

Thanks,
Jerome