Re: Kernel 2.6.0 and Debian

On 21 Dec 2003 at 16:20, Rafael Alexandre Schmitt wrote:

> Try apt-get install module-init-tools .

That actually works!

But when I actually try and install it all it pops up a message
saying that the licence of the module will taint the kernel aborting
installation.

Am I better off installing a Debian packaged later 2.4 kernel source
and compiling that or what?

I'm presuming theres something in the source code of the ATI kernel
driver that can be changed to make it work...

I'm thinking of completely re-installing and starting again
though....

--
Martin J Hooper
http://www.martinjh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk